Monday, July 28, 2008

Osim Singapore International Triathlon 2008

Am very contented with the race this year :)

Trained quite a lot on running, did weekly biking as usual, but was not doing much on swimming. Went for only 2 training clinics, that were the open sea swims, and got panicked due to rough sea. I wondered if I could complete the sprint distance, and even wrote in to request to change to mini category. The organizer didn't allow, and that left me no choice but to give it a try.

It was lucky to have quite a calm sea that morning, despite strong current. The shore seemed so far while on the way back, I even clinged onto the rope as I kept bumping into others, and the rope kept following me :( Bike was easy, but I didn't use all my energy, as I really hoped to complete with a good run (and not walk!). Yes I did complete with a good run. The definition of 'good' is non-stop! ;) It started to drizzle during the run, and that helped a lot to cool down the body, thank god for that!

My race on 12-Jul:
Rank: 69 of 110
Bib: 1642
Timing: 00:29:43 (Swim 750m), 00:52:58 (Bike 20km), 00:34:34 (Run 5km), 01:57:14 (Total)

Here are our contented faces, my friends Patsy and Carol.






(Photos by Patsy)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home