Sunday, June 08, 2008

Family Time

This is what I saw at my usual organic vegetarian shop while having dinner just now:

An Indian family, husband and wife with 3 grown-up kids, 1 girl 2 boys. They did nothing after dinner, but had tea, and just dedicated the time for one another to talk and listen. I thought this must have helped the kids to be vocal, and be able to voice out own opinions, and build confidence in speaking.

**

It's something I think it lack in our family when we were much younger, to train us to be more vocal. Dad eats very fast and he is the first one to finish his meal most of the time. He will leave the dining table most of the time, while the rest of us are still having dinner. As I grew older, I have purposely requested him to stay a while more with us, just to be together and have some chat, as family time with everyone around is not frequent.

Hope my sis and bro can practise what I saw with the family, especially with the kids, so that my nephews (and nieces in the future) will grow up to be confident, and family oriented.

**

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home